友情提示:本文共有 969 个字,阅读大概需要 2 分钟。
Hello!
大家好,欢迎来到地道英语口语,今天给大家分享的一句我们生活中常用的一句日常英语短语“让一切尘埃落定”的英语表达。
Dialogue.
A: Sorry I’m late. It’s going a bit crazy out there in the office.
不好意思,我迟到了,这会儿办公室里乱糟糟的。
B: Crazy?
乱糟糟的?
A: Yes. Everybody is arguing and shouting.
是的,大家在争吵,每个人都在大声嚷嚷。
B: About what exactly?
到底是因为什么?
A: The mess in the office.
因为办公室里狼藉一片。
B: Hmm, well you’d better stay in here and keep out of the way until things have calmed down.
嗯。。。你最好待在这儿,远离办公室,直到事情平息下来。
A: Good idea-I’ll just let the dust settle.
好主意--我会让“尘埃落下来”
B: Oh, so the office is messy and dusty.
哦,所以说办公室里一片狼藉,满是灰尘
A: No, I just mean I’ll wait for the situation to calm down.
不是的,我的意思是我会等到事情平息下来。
For examples
We’re busy moving house at the moment but I’ll give you a call when the dust settles.
这会儿我们忙着搬家,但是等到一切尘埃落定,我会给你打电话的。
Now the dust has settled after the restructuring, I think we can talk about recruitment.
调整过后,事情已经尘埃落定,我想我们可以谈一谈招聘事宜了。
Let the dust settle的意思是“等到事情平息下来”或者“让一切尘埃落定”
今天的学习就到这里啦!
每天我都会为大家分享这样的干货
然后整理出精华内容
让你学到最地道的日常英语表达
今天你打卡学习了吗?
下期再见!
本文如果对你有帮助,请点赞收藏《“让一切尘埃落定”用英语怎么说?Let the dust settle?》,同时在此感谢原作者。